Making your blog posts more effective is really pretty easy. Follow these simple rules and get more new and return readers.
- Use a compelling headline. The first thing your reader sees is the headline. If it’s boring, they’ll click away, if it catches their attention, you’re in.
- Use images and photos. The effective use of images is one of the best ways to draw in your readers. Make them interesting, different or compelling. The human face grabs attention every time, especially attractive faces. Don’t use a human face if your post is about horses, of course. 😉
- Break up your text. Nothing make readers run away faster than large blocks of text. Somehow it feels intimidating or overwhelming to see 500 words without any breaks. Limit your paragraphs to 2 or 3 sentences, or even one sentence for some extra punch.
- Write like you speak. When you write conversationally, it feels like you are talking directly to the reader and that can create a powerful connection to your audience. Imagine writing to one specific person for maximum effect.
- Keep it short. 300 to 500 words is plenty to get your message across. If you write an article that is 1000 words or more, break it into several parts, that way you can hold your reader’s attention and get them coming back for more.
5.5 Bonus Tip. Add some links to other relevant posts on your own blog, or other resources that add value to the reader’s experience.
Take a look at what you’ve written in the past and see where you can go back and make some changes. Try these methods on your new posts and see if your results improve.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section and I’ll get back to you soon.